Monday, June 4, 2012

Tool #3  Video Resources

I have used Youtube to show students speeches from history.  The following is Reagan's speech at the Berlin wall.  I show this to students so they can make the connection between the symbolism of the wall and the height of communism.



Another tool I have used is Discovery Education.  I have used this to show students primary source videos (in stations) for WWII.  The following is a link to Executive Order 9066 which discusses the interment of Japanese Americans.


http://player.discoveryeducation.com/index.cfm?guidAssetId=A1036743-1707-4546-A464-ABE0BD4EB7DD


I already have a Dropbox account.  I have not had an opportunity to use it much yet.  But I can definitely see the potential.  Students have uploaded videos to be shared with the school.  I have also used it to share resources with other teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment